What’s New in Flexsqueeze Theme 1.5
Just a little over a month ago, the Flexsqueeze theme released a new update to its best selling WordPress product. It has been months since we have seen any updates from Flexsqueeze. Authority Pro and OptimizePress have come and gone leaving us wondering what new and exciting features would come from the Flexsqueeze 1.5 update.
Well I just downloaded the newest 1.5 theme and there are some really nice additions. Most of them are great addons to its current functionality. There are also some new page layouts and such. In this article I am going to touch a few of the newest elements and in later articles, go into detail on how some of them work.
Flexsqueeze Highlights For Version 1.5
- Flexsqueeze takes advantage of the sticky post content feature and allows the publisher to not only show the sticky post first, but to configure it through the powerful Flexsqueeze interface.
- The publisher now has the ability to show a custom header image on specific pages. In the past the publisher could only show one header image for the entire site, now that has all changed.
- Feature areas are great additions to a theme and can really draw a person’s focus when used correctly. In Flexsqueeze 1.5, the publisher is able to choose what post or page the feature section will display.
- Breadcrumb navigation is a free plugin through WordPress, yet Flexsqueeze takes it a step further by allow complete control on the look and feel.
- One big addition is the visual editor buttons. These things are awesome! I will go into more detail about these buttons in another post, but they basically let you see what you adding into your page or post without having to save and view the page.
- Another really great feature is the ability to add widget locations above or below a page or post content. This really comes in handy if you are trying to sell something or add a opt-in box to all posts/pages.
- A feature that has been missing for a long time is the ability to make your image a feature in your post excerpt. In the past the theme would choose the first image it saw and add that images as the feature image. Now all that has changed.
- There are a few new additions to the page templates. Flexsqueeze now supports 14 different unique page templates.
- Finally the theme now has the ability to add a second navigation bar. This was a feature that many users were requesting and now have it. The second navigation bar can be placed above or below the header. It can even be moved below the feature area. You can do quite a bit with the second menu bar.
That about wraps it up for all the major additions. There are many more small configuration updates that are noted as “NEW” in each tab and explained in the tool tip. In my up and coming articles, I will talk a little more in detail about these major upgrades.
Click Here For More Information On The Flexsqueeze Theme